Clan Requirements (Read And Respond Plox!)

DarthMenno

Question

To not waist any more exp arguing, decided to open up a thread where people can post their thoughts on this issue.

Possible requirements:

175 combat or 1750 total level. (already the unenforced requirements)

Why:

Obviously we run into conflict when we have huge variance in levels, the question becomes, what is our purpose?

When we try to do events, some people want an event that lower levels simply cannot do, this is frustrating for both high lvls and low lvls, because we all want to do awesome events, but we all want to do them together.

We also run into issues of what is called welfaring, where players who have these low levels either don't have the gold to back up their low levels or even high lvls don't bring good enough gear to do well. On the other hand look at chub he is lvl 161, but has the cash to back it up, and can kick peoples butts who are even combat lvl 200 in some cases.

With all this in mind, discuss what our purpose is, discuss the direction you want to see the clan go, and what you expect out of each other, and ourselves.

Possible requirements:

cap weekly, and attend 1 event.

why:

I've received a lot of complaints about members not pulling their weight, not capping, and the question is why are they in the clan still, why have you not kicked them?

Good question, I'm not sure.

However, most people who don't attend events, don't cap are active in the cc ironically, or are botting (because let's be honest)

So then what happens when we enforce this, and people don't cap or attend events, then what do we do, what about the person who is normally active and always caps, and cant get on this week? what about the people who never do anything but are active in chat, and they still don't attend, what do we do?

Ultimately, this can't be something we just BAM this is it, it isn't meant to stress anyone it is meant to hold each other accountable so that we can grow together, and achieve our goals as a clan, and individually.

With all this in mind, discuss what our purpose is, discuss the direction you want to see the clan go, and what you expect out of each other, and ourselves.

My goal in this clan is to bring on that next generation of people that were legends to me, and helped me grow, but make them you guys instead. So that the future of divine is not based on a leader, but on the individuals that make up the clan, that inspire each other, and come out victorious in every  aspect of the game.

18 answers to this question

I think alot of our problem was being too desperate for membership numbers and we chose to ignore the fact that alot of members were lackadaisical and didn't do a thing for the clan. 

Another thing is when we hold competitions for recruiting; we need to remind everyone not to bend the requirements just to win the reward. 

Yeah, it was stated many times tommy just doesn't listen lol.

really, it hasn't been about being desperate for members that those who do nothing are not kicked, it is the fact that some of them are active in the community by talking in cc, which is great in itself.

However, there are those who do nothing say nothing, and will be kicked, it is just hard finding them out, and takes time most of them lose membership and we prune them then,  but it's not always that easy.

Discuss the purpose of the clan? To have fun! To meet people. To meet new friends. To have fun in RS before it's gone. I want to see Divine Mafia succeed. As a long time member.. Things were a lot different back in the day.. Messing around on RS was fun.. Now all people do is want to skill. Not gonna lie, I do this all the time. I actually play and try to skill, thus makes me miss events and meetings.. and not capping. I still need to learn a lot about the citadels. I'm new to EOC and this Citadel stuff. But within the clan.. I think everybody needs to have fun.. That's what I see. People enjoying RS and enjoying things we do as a clan. We're not a clan, we're a family. Long Live DM! 

I think clan growth is a huge part of this clan, that being said it is hard to help higher levels when we have to focus our events on lower level members (or members too lazy for quests ;). I'd love to see this clan go towards MOAR PvM, but I know many people are already maxed CB. I also feel the mandatory 1 event and/or cap would be awesome, but much more than that is pushing it IMO. I like this clan because it's laid back. I love the clan the way it is, i just wish we had more people capping (I know im not very good at doing it myself :( im working on it..) I also wish we had higher lvled players so we could get more involved with PvM, PvP and having events with other clans where we don't get destroyed.

Sorry, im rambling.. I think the requirements would be very good for the clan, however I <3 our noobs we have atm and would not want to see them kicked. 

To start off I want to say i agree the clan needs some requirements.  If you look at the other clans around rs they all seem to have requirments of some sort.  Not for the question what.  I would say 175 combat is not to bad but it can be hard to find people that lvl which are not already in a clan.; so trying to get our clan to grow would be hard, but not impossible.  The total lvl of 1750 I think is very fair for me I am only a lvl 167 but i have 1769 total over all, so the requirments are not extremely hard to get.  I guess for the lower people myself included we need to get our lvls up.  But in the same time the clan as a whole should also help the players out if they can.  I see all the time that people ask for what to train on and smart answers are replied. ( i have done this myself too..we are all guilty of it)  but if the higher lvls want the lowers lvls to get higher then they may need help...This could be as simple as going to KBD yes the higher lvls could solo but would it be too much to allow the lowers player get some exp too?  I have to say myself Jerm has helped me leaps and bounds to get my lvls up- in 5 days I have gone up 2 def lvls and 7 range lvls from advice from him alone.  Now my range lvl is at a point where its fun to train on and get higher.  He has been encouraging and talks a ton to me on pm when i am doing a task or training and its boring as hell.  So if anything talk with the lower lvls encourange them to get higher..help them with slayer tasks.

As for events attendance I would say make it so everyone must attend 1 event a week; unless the person has a good reason; i.e- homework, sports events, work, family problems or what not.  But if that is the case have them let one of the higher ups know so its not like people are just not showing up.  As for if people are active then can't be on a week...this should be allowed from time to time...with summer coming up many families will be travling, and it may be hard for the person to get on.  But once again let someone know so they have an idea for events. One a week is not that hard to get to I am a very busy person with a job that the shifts are different from week to week even day to day but I still manage atleast 1 event a week. There are also other people in this clan that have even more going on then myself and they still cap and make it to events. So asking for 1 a week is not to extreme to ask for.  Now having events with other clans...maybe we should wait on this for a bit till the clan works out some of its "kinks" in the system that are being worked on.

As for capping this should be a MUST- how else can we get our clan to grow and be able to more avatars and better plots for the clan?  Maybe its up to the members who cap all of the time to explain to the others that its FREE exp and it helps not only the clan but their lvls also.

As how all of this will be handled and enforced... I have no answer for that.  ITs hard because alot of people have not been in the clan that long or if they have they are just coming back to the eoc and are trying to get a handle on things again.  I know that I am very new to the clan but have made rank because of actvities and just trying to help out so other people who bitch about not getting rank and not being able to do this or that or how its unfair maybe they should look at what they do, some say its impossible to get rank.. not true once again look at me! Maybe we need to have a meeting besides the one sunday for the people who are ranked for the avatar or the other jobs so we can discuss how to get the clan moving forward.(maybe this could avoid some arguements during the clan meeting?)

Now for people who do not come to the events or cap but are active in the cc, how is this fair for the people who help the clan out and cap. So basically the message it is giving to the people that do nothing is that its okay; do nothing but get get the advatages of having the avatar bonus, I believe this is unfair.  People who cap and are active in events should get the bonus not people who are here for a "free" ride...

Now on a side not-  as for the events; this can be hard to plan...look at last night the events are very wide spread and it seemed like no one could agree; this could be because of  quest needed to be done and the people  just dont want to do them (or cant due to lvls) or maybe the events just dont appeal to them.  Either the case I think the clan of a whole should try to figure out what appeals to everyone(yes this can be hard but some people dont like to boss 5 days a week..just as others dont want to skill 5 days a week).. for instance there is a skilling night but people who dont want to skill are doing a combat thing.  that to me this is fine-- but  on other nights  people who cant do corps-get stuff said that they need to do quest so they can do it too...okay so the people with out the quest get shit about not having them done but the people who dont want to skill get another event??/ How is that fair to everyone? I believe if there is going to be an event it should be for everyone to do and if you dont then no credit for event that night.

Sorry for the rambling and long message...these are just my thoughts and and ideas. When I started I didnt expect it to be this long- I guess I am just long winded

Sam

Lets be honest capping is manditory its not fair to the clan if you dont cap but you ger the xp boost also i work every day and i still have time ro make it to the events not making events is ok but you should be able to so one and another thing that is upsetting to me is the fact that i really don't care if old dm members get let in with a higher rank but if they don't carey their weight and capp and 1 event even if they do talk incc maybe not kick them bc they are vets but at the very least demote their rank and if the lower lvls cant go to the bigger bosses id gladly take them to kbd or some other lower boss just so we can have fun too as long as it woild count as our event and it will help us train for the bigger bosses tocome i also know that skilling days seem unfaie to higher lvls so on another day where the lower lvls vant go to the bosses once again i will gladly hold a skilling event for us instead of them goomg and dieing that would boost their skills and also help them to meet reqs we are a clan and yes we should have fun but not capping because your skilling is bullshit take 15 min every day and cap a little big amd by the end of the week you will be done

sorry not wanting to be a dick but just because you post in cc doesnt make you a good member there is a lot of knowledge between all the members as a whole if they arent active i think they should get a warning something like *hey you arent reaqlly helping the clan by not capping or going to 1 event you need to try more for the clan or you will be kicked* something like that to try to get them more active lower or higher lvls and yes i am an asshole im sorry i am i dont care about ppl talking in the cc if they dont do anything else ie MDMA never does anything i think he needs a warning although people might think its a joke i assure you it shouldnt be one warning ONE if you cant stop your bot or stop whatever the hell your doing for an hour to come show that the clan matters to you then why should you be in the clan *answer you shouldnt be

• Like 1

Really great input sjames, i took off the rev hunting for friday, idk why it was ever agreed to have 2 events on one night, skilling was the event, and it always seems that when we skill together, we end up picking up a few good new recruits that way.

I'll be honest ranking up is impossible for people who don't contribute to the clan, they can complain all they want, but until they contribute why should they get ranked up?

you really brought a lot of stuff to the table that is important, and I am going to start compiling that info into a document, because a lot of what you say seems consistent with others.

especially helping people, it is very important that we do that to help each other reach those goals, so that we can do all events together, and so that we dont have to deal with people not having the reqs.

because honestly most clans do have a set of requirements that is quest, skills, combat lvl, and gear (which can include cash stack) however they are mostly pvm clans.

i ask this question:

"With all this in mind, discuss what our purpose is, discuss the direction you want to see the clan go, and what you expect out of each other, and ourselves."

because we are in a sort of identity crisis, there is no mafia network anymore, we dont have clan wars and rivalries like the past did, we are a new breed of mafia, that is in a sense a new family, that needs to find who we are and how we want to function. to understand that we have our roots, and our roots are our floor, but it is time we create a new floor for members to rise from, and always remember our previous floor, and identity.

chub-

(and yes i double posted because of my last long winded response haha)

i like that you are willing to hold seperate events, but im also not a fan of seperate events because it destroys clan unity during that hour. you die at bosses, it is a fact, no matter how high lvl'd you are. That should never be an issue, even when it is depressing to die, get back up and go back out and keep dying lol, thats why bosses generally have such an easy recovery time, or we bless each others graves so we can get back quickly.

on the flip side, i understand it can hurt unity by people not being able to participate, and feeling left out, and that isn't good either. However, that should also be encouragement to quest, to get the skills.

I was one who started out in this clan as a noob, in 2009 i had only owned this account for a year, granted i had 99 range 99 mage 99 def and 99 hp, but i couldn't attend all the events because of the nature of my account, I was a lvl 109 with no summoning and barely any quests besides desert treasure. I saw my clan mates doing these awesome events, i watched guys like rock, miracle, steve, emo kid, arc, fusion, icloud, jorruta, vamp, inky, mutmar, molester man, froggy, jose, and others tear up enemies in clan wars and they inspired me to work on my stats, to work on quests to unlock new gear, to be able to fight more bosses, and beat more opponents, and gave me a wealth of information to help me on that way.

And i hope that we can be that inspiration as well, to help each other grow.

My goal in this clan is to bring on that next generation of people that were legends to me, and helped me grow, but make them you guys instead. So that the future of divine is not based on a leader, but on the individuals that make up the clan, that inspire each other, and come out victorious in every aspect of the game.

• Like 1

I uderstand that you dont want it to be split but lets be honest here it is split just in the fact that higher lvls can do things lower lvls can this is somwthing i can help them on you wanted to start the clan growth group and ya we dont nwed to add any more lower lvls but i will roll with these and help them while also lvling myself its all to help eachother well we have a chance to do that thats all I'm saying bc the growth group hasent even left the idea stage

Im not talking about skilling only i can tell tthe lower lvls fo. instance Lets pick ome or 2 quests and do them while the higher lvls are bossing idk im just trying to help us lower lvls become better players

Where do I see this clan going- well back to the top where it was before the eoc.  I see no reason why we can't do clan wars and go far with it.  Just because everyone is not lvl 200 doesnt mean we cant still give any clan a run for their money.  I also want to see the clan to be a social one, where people enjoy getting on and can have fun and work together towards one goal.(A stronger clan)   When i first joined this clan you had to be a lvl 110 to join.  I remember working my butt of to get there..then eoc was here and all the lvls went weird- But I am now working my butt off to get to the lvl 175 so I can go to more events.   I am the same way as you where Yank, i see other clan mates doing things that I would love to do so I work towards those things.--I have  never been  to bandos in my life until the day you took me(even if i forgot kill count was 40 not 35) and had a great time- the others that went (sorry i have forgotten who you are now)worked with me and aided me so i could get the kill count and be able to assist in killing the bosses(yes and they understood that not everyone can get the kill count in 10minutes it took me almost an hour) and  (yes people you will have to spend money to get items that are needed--suck it up and work for the moeny and get the items believe me its worth it- but dont bitch and complain and call people names in the clan becuase they wont lend it or buy it for you--same thing the "richer" people dont put people down for not having the money). I have had to put off getting better weapons and armour for not having the money but i worked to get it. there are many ways to make money on this game one just has to have the will to do it.  The whole  dying thing i understand its hard and people need to get over it, but i can see the other side of the view point. I would never have the money i do if a friend didnt give it to me when he quit.  So i would not have the bando armour i have.  Maybe the clan as a whole needs to come up with ideas so people can make money and get better armour and that should encourage people to do better in the clan.  But with that said i also understand there are people who are just plan lazy and would rather have stuff handed to them. (or whine when they dont win a clan contest).  There is really no way to get around those type of people. 

Now for spliting up the events i agree with Yank it makes the clan look divided but with that being said maybe once a week we need to have a boss like KBD that is an event where the people over say lvl 190 wear weaker armour and weaker weapons so the lower lvls can get exp. yes this may not be fun for the higher lvls but isnt the goal to get the lower lvls up too?  And then another day of the week have a boss that that the higher lvls can go too.

As for ranking i agree people who dont do anything for hte clan shouldnt get ranked. And they can complain all they want.  I worked my butt off to prove that i was a active member of this clan so i could get ranked up.  And a note should also be made that just because people who are ranked are on it doesnt mean every minute of their time on they should have to have the avatar out( i know you dont say we have to but other people seem to think that its the only thing we have to do)  I try to have it out if people would like it out and i have stuff i can do at a bank so i am not wasting my exp on standing somewhere doing nothing jsut so they get the full 6%.  I mean is 3% not enough if the person has other things to do? But on the same note i dont mind going to where people are training if i have stuff to do that doesnt require a bank.  I spent over 8 hours one day trying to help someone get a 99 and  I had to log for and hour to get a few things done and one would of thought the world was coming to an end.  Before i had a chance to get the avatar out i was just thankfull people had it out. 

With that all being said- I believe this clan can grow and become even stronger if the members would banned together and help each other out and the members also no while, complain and bitch when something doesnt go their way.  After all we claim this clan is more of afamily then a clan then lets act like one..yes family members have fights and yes family members it rock bottom from time to time but its up to the rest of the family members to help these people out ( and it doesnt have to be with money or items)!

Sam

I think we could really build off of these ideas, while it is nice to incorporate lower levels it is also nice for higher levels to put the skills to use that they have worked so hard for. With that being said, i think the majority of our events need to be things that the entire clan can do as a whole.. But, I do love Small Chub's idea about giving the lower leveled; less developed accounts an opportunity to do something else, while still getting attendance credit. 

You guys need to realize that when hey dont go to events because they camt boss it is a split im the clan come on you have to realize that if we help the lower lvls like myself that dont have the combat or the total lvl i will bullhead this myself becauserthe other lower lvls im sorry sjames you have the total lvl i dont have other so yes i believe that there is already a split within the clan these lower lvls can be worked with and ill do it myself because they are part of the clans future if we help them and show them about capping and so fourth they will be more likely to stay in the clan amd help us hit our capping goals and will be more willing to do more for the clan rather than having lvled so much outside of the clan that they can be like eh i dont need the clan we need members for the future these are it we need to be willing to help them if it means that we will kbd while the.highers go to gwd so be it yoi wamted toslead the clan.growth group i want to do it with you but we need to accept that we cam help the lower ones and for it they will stay and help out the clan when we all lvl up ti where we can go with the.higher ones

That was not a shot at you i swear just its hard for me with all this becausw i dont have the lvls yet

Chub-first off i want to say i never took what you said as a shot toward me- its you voicing what you feel just as i was. I respect that you would post it there are people who wouldnt and would rather talk behind the persons back-- With that said-  I agree we need to help the lower lvls.  I am lower myself..yes i have a higher total over all, but that doesnt mean i have the lvls needed to do the bosses. I would love to help and go to KBD i cant solo them myself but a group of 2 or 3 could do it easy.  And yes not having people going to the higher bosses is a divided clan to a point. But it goes back to the say you cant help someone if they dont want to help themselves.  I get along with you and I would be willing to help you out because you want to get higher but there are people in the clan that just want to bitch about not being able to go to the events and when help is offered they say they dont like to mouch.  So my question to you is what do we do with those people?  I have tried to help other low lvls out and try to get them to train when i am and there is always one reason or another they cant.  BUT i agree we as a clan do need to help the lower lvls out. Its just that how much do we as a clan have to "hold" peoples hand to get them to do stuff... some need to learn that things are not give that some needs to earned.  ( not saying you are one because you are always will to help and get the lvls needed) and yes i understand i do have the total lvls but if you look its all in skills my highest lvl in combat is mage. which is not all that high.  I think it would be fun to have group quest and what not but once again i have saw this tried to be done and people give every excuse in the book why they cant.  I guess i am just at a loss on how to get those people higher.. Maybe you can give more ideas and i would love to help!

I have also said this many time that the clan members need to be willing to help and not make fun of people who dont what what a mini game is or where to go for the events.  Not everyone was a person to loved to kill things or play mini games.

Like i told josh as a clan growth group i will set up events for us lower lvls if needed but as for the lower levels that say not to help they should get booted from the clan but out of the lower levels that do want help and would lkke to boss.kbd. is the only thing that they can do.we.need to.have different events for lower lvls myself included but we need to acknowledge that there is a split and we can do something about it and that will garentee that we will have strong future members and ones that WILL cap and help the clan

The gap between levels creates gaps between event success and requires much more compromise. I agree with the transition into a new requirement but like any change, changes must be done with a light stroke and slowly. Keeping everyone together is what matters under any ground shaking change and giving people that don't meet the requirement the advise to get to the point you would like them would be the best way to insure the success of such a transition. 

No matter the case that this goes down we have to have the old members and the new members get more active they should take pride in the clan period of that means we will have to get on their ass or not divine mafia haa been around been aroind this long because of harx work

We can do this idk why ita such a big deal to cap and go to one event take some pride people its one day total to cap and one event take pride in the clan and some responsibility for yourself

• Like 1

couldn't agree more! Nobody even said you have to sit there for two hours to cap. It can be broken up in to a few days! It goes back to the problem, people don't cap because they do not realize the tremendous benefit the citadel offers, and the even bigger benefit it will bring if we continue to grow and expand the citadel!

I have really enjoyed reading all the responses, i am going to close this on this note:

The purpose of this was to find how people feel, and what they want out of each other. It did'nt really end up that way and was misconstrued into a seperation of low and high lvl discussion.

What is and is not happening:

Low levels are not being kicked, the emphasis is as always helping them grow into the clan through being able to attend more events by helping them with quests, new gear, and advice, sometimes geepee.

The new reqs (which were just previously not enforced) 175 combat and or 1750 total, are enforced for future recruiting only. Small exceptions can be made based on gear/money, weekly play time, and ambition to grow.

New capping, and event attendance requirment of 1 cap and 1 attendance weekly, disgression is used on this, but repeated offense will be demoted, or if 1 bar kicked.